Frequently Asked Questions for Authors
About PoolText and Its Advantages
PoolText is a unique system which helps you to find the best journal to publish your article.
PoolText is not a journal or a publisher. This platform is a first in the world, and is unique.
PoolText aims to allow you to find the best journal to publish the article you have written with a lot of effort and time, and after meticulous research, without any trouble. Thanks to this system:
- You will no longer have to search for the best journal to publish your article.
- You will no longer have to submit your article over and over again to find the best journal for publishing.
- You will save time and effort. (Without this system, you need to make arrangements in the formatting and reference style of your article in accordance with all journals you submit your article to, fill in the forms required by the relevant journal and finally upload the article to the system of the relevant journal - these are all time consuming and exhausting tasks).
- You will not have to worry about finding the answers to the following questions: Is the journal I have submitted my article to the most suitable one for my article? Are there any better journals that may approve the publication of my article? What is the possibility of this journal publishing my article? How can I find another journal for publication if this journal rejects my article?
- You will be sure that you have found the best journal for your article.
- All information (and this may include details that you will not be able to find elsewhere) concerning the journals that have granted approval to your article are submitted to you, and you can decide on the best journal for your article based on this information (article acceptance rate, publishing period, publishing charge, the languages in which it publishes, the databases in which it is indexed, the frequency of publishing, impact factor, etc.).
- You may determine your priorities while choosing the journal (For example: being published faster, higher ratio of acceptance, being indexed in an index you want, or with high impact factor).
- As you have obtained significant information about the journal before submitting your article, you will not encounter any surprises or obstacles.
- As the system is precise in terms of adding journals to the system, there is almost no probability of encountering a fake/imitation journal.
- You submit your journal, knowing that the editor of the relevant journal has approved your article (remember that for your article to be approved in a journal, the first person you need to convince is the editor-in-chief of that journal).
- Editors may give scores, make suggestions, and even ask you to submit your article in another format during the process of approval.
The additional advantages provided by this system are:
- The editorial review process of the journal you have submitted your article to is accelerated.
- The article you have uploaded to the system is registered in your name (and/or the authors of the article).
- Thanks to the journal notification system, you can follow the latest information about the journals registered in the system from a single location.
- You can upload articles of any type and on any subject to the system.
- You can even submit your conference posters to the system to be reviewed by our editors. Thus, if and when your poster is approved by an editor, you can prepare a complete article about the subject matter and submit it to the relevant journal (or you may upload it to the system to get approvals from more editors).
- You are not obliged to submit your article to the journals that have granted approval. You are free to submit your article to any journal you wish.
- Upload: Upload your article into the system
- It will be listed and reviewed: Your article will be listed in the system and the journal editors will review your article.
- It will be approved: The editors who like your article and suggest you submit it to their journals will grant approval to your article.
- Select and submit: Choose from the journals which have granted approval to your article, and submit it.
Yes, you may also upload the posters that you have previously submitted to any conference/congress to the system, if you wish.
Many conference/congress posters are not transformed into complete articles. You may present them to editors by uploading your conference/congress poster to the system. Therefore, the editors who believe that your poster has potential may notify you that your conference paper is eligible to be transformed into a complete article.
Automated systems: These are software that list journals in accordance with the keywords of the relevant article. For example; journals on diabetes are listed for an article on diabetes. These systems are mostly useless for authors.
Expert (real person) systems: An expert who reads your article makes suggestions on the journals that he/she considers are eligible for your article. These systems are fully paid services and, in fact, the journals suggested for your article are completely based on personal opinion.
PoolText: Your articles are reviewed by the editors of journals. The editors who prefer your article and consider your article eligible to be submitted to their journal will grant approval to your article. You may choose from the journals which have granted approval, and submit your article to one of these journals. Thanks to this system, you will receive invitations to submit your articles to the journals from the most authorized individuals of those journals. This is the first and only system in the world offering this opportunity.
Security and Confidentiality
- An article number is assigned to your article when you upload your article to the system, and this number proves that the article belongs to you (and the other authors of manuscript).
- Only the editors of journals that meet specific ethical and publishing criteria are admitted to the system.
- Your article is only reviewed by the editors of journals that match the categories of your article.
- Except for the journal editors, no one can view or read your article.
- The editors may read your article only in PDF format which has a watermark indicating that the copyright belongs to the authors of the relevant article.
- The system automatically records the editors who review and read your article.
You will be the sole owner of all rights related your article. PoolText only asks your permission for editors to review your article in compliance with ethical and legal regulations.
PoolText is a system that prioritizes security. If there are any sections/paragraphs/texts you wish to keep confidential within the article, please delete the relevant section and write "THIS SECTION/PARAGRAPH/TEXT WAS REMOVED FOR PRE-ASSESSMENT".
No, authors will not be able to display any articles other than their own.
After you have uploaded your article to the system, you may choose the journals that will be blocked from displaying your article from the list you wish to prevent. Journals other than those selected will be able to display your article.
When you upload your article to the system, the system will list your article in accordance with the categories and article type you have defined. Thus, your article will only be reviewed by the editors of journals that match the categories you have defined for your article.
The editors of journals that meet certain criteria can join the PoolText system. Fake/imitation journals that do not meet these criteria, or journals that have been considered as unreliable, are not admitted to the system. When a request has been received from an editor to join the system, we verify that the individual is actually the editor of the relevant journal and that the e-mail address actually belongs to that individual or the journal. Following various checks such as previous publications of the relevant journal, the services for which it is indexed (and whether he/she has declared these accurately or not), contact info, etc., system accounts are created for journal editors who are considered eligible. (For further information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for Editors under the heading "Questions About Registration and Usage Of System").
System and Use of System
After the editors log in using their unique usernames and passwords, they will primarily view the Abstract, Highlights and Note to Editor sections of your article. Editors may grant approval to your article by reviewing the preview or the whole article (in PDF).
The approval granted to your article means that your article has been reviewed and approved by the relevant editor; that it conforms to the target audience and scope of the journal of the relevant editor; and that your article will be evaluated by the relevant journal when it is submitted to the relevant journal.
Although the approval granted does not necessarily mean that your article has obtained final approval, it is clear that the editor is interested in your article being published in their relevant journal.
We will notify you about the approvals granted to your article via e-mail. Also, after you login to the system, you may view the list of journals which have granted approval to your article and the information concerning these journals (you may view these by clicking on the number of approvals granted to the article in the page of submissions).
No, there is no limitation. An unlimited number of journals (editors) may grant approval to your article.
Decide on the most suitable journal for your article, and submit your article to that journal.
When you decide on a journal to submit your article to, from the journals that have granted approval to your article, you should click the "Select" button next to that journal. This way, the editor of that journal is notified of your decision to submit your article to that journal.
- Please make the necessary revisions to your article in accordance with the instructions for authors listed on the website of the relevant journal (and the recommendations of the editor added during the approval process, if any).
- Add the PPID number of your article to the line above the article title (detailed information about this matter is given under the heading "What is PPID? What purpose does it serve? What are its advantages?" in the section "Some Important Issues and Questions About the Rules")
- Please submit your article using the article submission system on the website of relevant journal.
Although there is no time limitation, we recommend that you submit your article as soon as possible, as the information the editor has on your article will be up-to-date.
We strongly recommend that you do not submit your article to more than one journal at the same time, to comply with universal scientific publishing ethics. Authors may only submit their articles to another journal once their article is rejected by the journal they have originally submitted it to, or if they have withdrawn that article from that journal.
Of course, you can submit your article to any journal you want. All you have to do is make sure that your article is no longer listed in the system before you submit it to another journal (for ethical reasons).
While uploading your article to the system, you may specify the journal(s) which you wish to review your article, from the journals listed in the system. But your selection will not prevent other journal editors from viewing your article. Your article is sent to the journal editors who you specifically prefer to review your journal, with a separate notification e-mail.
It means that your paper is eligible to be transformed into a full article and submitted to the relevant journal.
Please write your poster in the article format suggested by the journal (editor) that has rated your poster as "eligible". Then you may submit your article to the relevant journal, or upload it to the system to get approval from more journals.
Approvals: are suggestions made by editors for you to submit your article to the relevant journal.
Eligibility: is a recommendation made by editors who believe that your poster would be eligible to be transformed into an article (and be submitted to the relevant journal).
Articles are texts that are accepted and are prepared in the format required by peer reviewed journals, and this is why the word "approval" is used in the system. Posters are texts that are not accepted by peer reviewed journals, and this is why the word "eligible" is used for these texts.
Uploading Articles / Posters to the System
First, you need to register in the system using your e-mail address. Then you may access the system any time you wish, and upload articles or track the status of the articles you have previously uploaded.
After you have registered in the system, you can submit your article to the system by following the article uploading steps. You will also see many tips and aids that may increase the number of approvals granted to your article.
You can upload articles in any category (orthopedics, internal diseases, pediatrics, otorhinolaryngology, etc.) and of any type (review, research article, case report, etc.) to the system. Moreover, you can also upload your conference papers to the system.
At the moment, only English and Turkish articles are accepted. But in the near future, you will be able to upload articles in other language, as journals in other languages are admitted to the system.
It does not matter. References can be in any style or format, as long as the style is consistent and the citations are clear and correct.
Word (Microsoft Office), Writer (OpenOffice), PDF (Adobe)
No. Manuscripts in video, audio or PowerPoint presentation format cannot be uploaded to the system. If your article contains any such part, you should remove these from the article before you upload your article to the system.
No, you should upload your article as a single document. In other words, you should upload your article after you have combined your article, all references, tables, figures and illustrations in one file.
Files larger than 10MB cannot be uploaded to the system.
It does not matter. It is up to you whether or not to include this information in your article, as these details will be included when you upload your article to the system.
No, there are no such restrictions.
Important Issues and Questions About the Rules
- Your article has previously been published by any journal,
- Your article has not previously been published, but is being reviewed by another journal at the time you are submitting it to the PoolText system,
- Your article has been accepted/queued for publishing by an article at the time you are submitting it to the PoolText system,
do not upload your article to the system.
If you decide to the submit your article to a journal, you should suspend the listing of your journal in the system.
PoolText is a pre-submission inquiry system, and your article is only read and reviewed by editors. After you choose a journal for your article and submit it to relevant journal, your article is submitted for peer review by the relevant journal.
Although the first requirement for your article to be accepted by a journal is for that article to be approved by the editor, in peer reviewed journals, articles also undergo peer review. Thus it will be difficult for articles that do not pass peer review to be published in the relevant journal. If your article is rejected after you have submitted your article to one of the journals that have granted approval, you may select another journal from the list of approved editors.
Your article can be listed in the system for up to 90 days, if you do not decide to submit it to any journal.
Yes, you may suspend and resume the listing of your article at any time you wish. After you suspend the listing, your article will no longer be viewed by editors.
If you believe that your article will obtain approval from more journals, you may list your article again.
You cannot upload and list the same article more than once at the same time. If such a case is detected, your article will be removed from the system. However, you may list your article again once the listing period for your article (90 days) ends.
After you login to the system, you can list all journals for all fields that are registered in our system.
The editors of journals publishing in the field of medicine are admitted to the system. There are certain criteria for admitting an editor to the system, and extra care is exercised to include journals that authors may want their articles published in. Therefore, the priority is to ensure the participation of editors of eligible journals.
Articles that have not been accepted by or published anywhere are sensitive to theft/duplication. The PoolText system assigns an "article number" (Article ID) to the articles uploaded to the system, in order to help the authors protect their articles against theft/duplication, and prove that the article belongs to them. It helps you prove that you (and the other authors, if any) are the owner(s) of the article in cases of theft/duplication, which may occur before or after you have submitted your article to any journal. In these cases, all log records of your article in the system are submitted to you upon your request.
When you decide to submit an article to one of journals that have granted approval to your article, and click the "Select" button next to the name of the relevant journal, you will see a number that connects your article to the relevant journal. This number may be viewed both by you and the editors of the journal that you have decided to submit your article to. Please submit your article to relevant journal by including this PPID number in the line above the title of the article on the article document (PPID: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX).
Including the PPID number on your article when submitting your article to the selected journal provides an advantage to you during the editorial process after you submit your article to the relevant journal. As the PPID number varies from journal to journal and article to article, you may not use the same PPID number for another article or submission to another journal.
You may not make a new journal selection and cancel your selection for a 7 day period after you have clicked the "Select" button (Restriction Period). If you want to cancel your selection for any reason at the end of this period (for example, if you decide not to submit to the journal that you have selected, your article has been rejected or you withdraw your article from the relevant journal), click the "Cancel" button. A notification concerning your cancellation will also be sent to the editor of the relevant journal.
When you have cancelled your selection, you may select a new journal from the list or continue listing your article in the system (you should visit the submission details page and click "Resume Listing" button).
In the cases specified below, the editor makes an abuse report concerning the article/poster you have uploaded to the system:
- If the content violates the laws of your country
- If it violates human or animal rights
- If there is plagiarism or reproduction to a significant degree
- If it has been published previously
- If it has not been published previously, but has been accepted by and queued for publication by a journal
- If it is detected that the article has been uploaded to the system more than once
- If the abstract and other parts of the article are completely incompatible with the article document (PDF) uploaded to the system
- If the authors of the article have submitted their article to a journal while the article continues to be listed in the system
In these cases, the listing of the relevant article will be suspended and the authors of the article will be contacted. Depending on the information received from the authors, it shall be decided whether to remove the article from the system or to continue listing it.